Who do you prefer, Samantha Jones or Blanche Devereaux?

Dienstag, 22. Juni 2010

Happy Birthday Meryl Streep!


The possibly greatest actress of our time, or at least one of them is turning 61 today. I personally have first been introduced to her in 'Out of Africa'. Yes I know classic of the '80s but at the risk of making enemies I hated that movie! Then again who wouldn't if they saw it about 50 times on TV while not even being 10? I can bear it by now, still not a big fan though. At least not of that movie.

Later while growing older – with two Streep-fans as parents – I watched many of her movies. One of my all time favorite is definitely 'The River Wild'. At about 10 I was probably to young to see it and yes some scenes like when they shot the ranger scared me but I was amazed by that woman. She was tough and protected her son the best she could despite being in possibly fatal danger herself.

In the following days I'll give into some rantings about her most memorable performances in my eyes, one of the last but certainly not least of which was 'Mamma Mia' in which she played the once wild teenager turned worried mother.


She's probably the greatest rolemodel a young actress could have. Someone who has a private life, someone who can act and like we can see now, someone who ages gracefully!


All I can say right now is HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MERYL STREEP!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen